Dried Blueberry Bread
by Pooja Sudhakar Shetty on September 15, 2021
- 1 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/4 c Finely ground pecans
- 1/4 c Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Pinches salt
- 1 tb Orange zest; finely chopped
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tb Flour
- 1 tsp. Orange zest; finely chopped
- 4 tb Unsalted butter; room
- 2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 tb Unsalted butter; room
- Placed the dried blueberries and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let sit 30 minutes, then drain. 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the brown sugar, pecans, flour, butter, orange zest, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the milk, vanilla, butter, and egg until smooth. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and fold into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the reserved blueberries and orange zest. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes until the topping is golden brown (if a toothpick is inserted into the center it should come out clean).
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes and remove.